Written by NY Artist and HS Art Teacher, Gloria Rabinowitz, owner of New York Artists Online (NewYorkArtists.net)
Take this one word — EXPOSURE — and if you use it wisely, chances are you will be running to the bank.
Hundreds, thousands and millions of people will see your work at the click of a button.
You need to know that online galleries will benefit you if:
- The online gallery you choose has high rankings on search engines.
- The artists’s work does not get lost among hundreds of artists.
- There is an area on the online gallery where artists can have their artwork “featured” for extra exposure.
- There is interesting content on the online gallery you choose, so visitors get drawn not only to the artwork exhibited, but to the content published.
- There is a person running the online gallery — yes, a “real” person that you can communicate to, with a phone number and and email address who understands your needs and desires as an artist.
- There is a person who will go the extra mile for you. Yes, the extra mile, as part of the artist’s plan — one of them being Social Media Marketing.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Gloria Rabinowitz. I am a professional artist and teacher and I run New York Artists Online (http://newyorkartists.net/).
In the mid-nineties, a stranger I met at a local MacIntosh computer club (who later became my friend) told me about the Internet — how it is like “wave” of information at your fingertips and how everyone in the future will be connecting to it and getting information from it, straight into their homes. He suggested I create a website for my artwork and he invited me to host it on his server.
I taught myself HTML and in a week, I had a simple website of my painting images that was public for everyone to see. As time went on, I added images to it and the website grew. My knowledge of web design also grew.
Artist friends of mine did not have websites. In fact, there weren’t many artists on the Internet at that time, at least not like there are today. I thought to myself, “Wouldn’t it be great to create an online gallery for New York artists?” (I am a New Yorker and lived in the West Village on 4th Street for 22 years). In 1999, I did a search for a domain name and found that I could register NewYorkArtists.net. How lucky I was! New York Artists Online was born that year.
Since 1999, the Internet has changed. There are hundreds, if not thousands of online galleries for artists to choose from. New York Artists Online has grown from being an an online gallery, to becoming a major resource for artists, art educators and New York culture.
So what makes NewYorkArtists.net so special?
- We have grown from being an online gallery, to becoming a major resource for artists, art educators and New York culture.
- We have top rankings on all major search engines for New York artists, art residencies, artist grants and other key words.
- Your work does not get lost among hundreds of artists.
- You can have your artwork “featured” for extra exposure.
- Because of the interesting content, we draw visitors not only to the artwork exhibited, but to the content published.
- We have important website content and an artists’s blog packed with information and art news.
- And most importantly, there is a person running the online gallery — yes, a real person (me) that you can communicate with by phone or email who understands your needs and desires as an artist. I am an artist myself and my mission is to help artists’ careers thrive.
- You do not have to live in New York, or even in the U.S., to become an artist member.
- We do Social Media Marketing for all artist members on New York Artists Online. We feature artists’ works on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest. We make “Featured” group videos of artists’ work on post them on all the above social media platforms, including YouTube.
- This one of New York Artists Online’s Featured Painter’s videos:
- Gloria is available to you. She is an artist herself and her mission is to help artists’ careers thrive.
All the above amounts to more exposure for you. More exposure means more visibility, more opportunities to exhibit your work and more chances for sales.
For first two weeks in February, register to become a member of New York Artists Online with Plan 2 or above (eight images or more) and get the second year free. This offer is only good for Fiber Artists, Mixed Media Artists, Sculptors, Ceramicists, Photographers, and artists who work in Other Media.
Please visit http://www.newyorkartists.net for more information and feel free to visit any of Gloria’s Social Media Pages:
Paintings in the picture above, by Gloria Rabinowitz
Gloria Rabinowitz’s personal website can be found here:
(Gloria is also a yoga teacher)
Gloria Rabinowitz, owner of New York Artists Online (NewYorkArtists.net), has been a professional artist for over 35 years. She has been involved with web page design and since the mid 1990′s.